Automatic visual inspection of process decision-points is the great frontier of process control. Coolearth has quietly been developing the expertise to emerge as a leader in cost-effective solutions for this very challenging area.
Consider small processing operations:
- Sorting chicken breasts, wings, legs & thighs by meat color or several dimensions at once
- Counting complex objects or large numbers of objects
- Looking for the “odd item” that could ruin a batch of food, packages or widgets
- Inspecting cups or ice cream novelties for defects such as poor chocolate coverage or chipped sandwich wafer as they shoot toward a packaging station.
- Looking for the “missing item” such as a bottle cap that’s missing in a 6-pack
- Evaluating color, such as the proper hue of cooked meat or baked cookies
- Evaluating quality, such as reflectance of a surface, mars in finish, or specs in painted areas.
- Monitoring safety, such as sausage that’s been cooked without folding … with major issues of hygiene riding on the detection of a problem.
Until recently, these kinds of optical challenges took a supercomputer to handle the calculations. Now, the work can be done on affordable hardware, and Coolearth has been creating software that is cost-effective for small manufacturers and process-control operations.
When you fill out this form, you will be contacted by the experts at Coolearth Software who can guide you through which of our solutions may be best for your needs.