Reading through article after article it has become clear that it is not a matter if food-safety claims will rise but when. As a matter of fact according to a survey by Lathrop GPM LLP nearly two-thirds of food-producing executives expect the number of claims in the industry to rise with six in 10 saying they have already seen an increase with the pandemic.
Food safety risk concerns:
- 67% executives cite changes in food production and technology.
- 59% by the threat of foodborne illness.
- 45% believe consumer education is a concern.
- 72% feel at least somewhat prepared to handle a food safety crisis.
Are you prepared?
Each year there are over 48 million people that get sick from foodborne illnesses and that’s just in the U.S. – CDC The main culprits are produce at half of all fatal infections and meat/poultry pretty much the major contributors overall. – CDC This is more than a concern for food producers this could be critical to their survival overall.
So how are others protecting themselves from these expensive and sometimes deadly risks? Below are just a few of things they’re implementing:
- Enforcing internal best practices and training their employees.
- Reviewing and implementing compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Renewed focus on Food Safety and Modernization Act and implementation of.
- Digitization of data for compliance monitoring and reporting.
How can Coolearth help with food-safety?
U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s New Era of Smarter Food Blueprint has designed a 10 year plan to use more technology-enabled tools. They have identified digital information systems as an attractive way to enhance compliance monitoring without overburdening food processors.
Coolearth Software offers a complete digital management solution. We can turn every station/sensor into a source of production intelligence and management oversight helping you with HACCP compliance and BRC audits. Contact us for more information on how we can help with all things food-safety concerned.