Plant management solutions on today’s food and beverage production shop floors can be anywhere from paper check off sheets to spreadsheets to full on blockchain solutions. And, what is always amazing to me is the size of the organization does not necessarily correspond to how advanced their solutions are. As an example, I am currently talking with a billion dollar organization that is not currently tracking crucial byproduct ingredients. A guestimate and paper forms are being used today. How about you?
Digital plant management software can solve problems and inefficiencies in the warehouse and shop floor. Reporting and live data at your fingertips 24/7 for example. Looking through spreadsheets, or worse file cabinets, for data is simply a waste of time with today’s digital solutions.
Some of these digital solutions are:
- WMS solutions provide digital data collection and inventory accuracy.
- Line production solutions report new inventory at point of production and label accordingly.
- Quality Intelligence solutions offer mobile data collection of QA and QC information.
- Traceability solutions offer quick and easy data access for regulatory preparedness.
- Digital integration solutions with robust Business Intelligence (BI) reporting and ERP Inventory, accounting and sales data.
- Telemetry solutions collecting data that triggers processes and automate routines.
- Artificial Intelligence solutions that automate visual inspections of decision-points for process controls operations.
- And more…
What Plant Management Software should do for you.
Whether you private-label, co-pack or produce your own line of prepared food / specialty items, plant management software should support your unique requirements such as product development, production, inventory, quality, costing, BRC / SQF lot traceability, FDA compliance, planning, scheduling, and warehousing.
Bottom line it makes good sense to partner with an organization that offers solutions that work together in unison but are robust enough to be stand-alone.
It is also important that your solution choice be capable of enterprise and blockchain infrastructures. Nothing worse than having to change plant management software over and over again.