If you are in the Frozen Food Production Industry you’re probably experiencing a significant boost in business. A good thing right? Or, were their pains that were uncovered trying to keep up. Obvious issues in production and reporting? You were not alone.
According to American Frozen Food Institute:
1. U.S. frozen food sales were up 13.3% by units and 21% in dollars in 2020 compared with 2019. The top three gains by category were in seafood, poultry and appetizers. (see chart below) According to IRi – 2020.
2. AFFI noted that in 2020, 39% of respondents to a poll qualified as “core frozen food shoppers,” defined as consumers who eat frozen food at least every few days. That was up from 35% in 2018. The takeaway is that shoppers are likely to plan a meal with frozen ingredients, as opposed to using frozen food as their backup only.
3. “Frozen foods are a pandemic powerhouse ringing in $65.1 billion in retail sales in 2020, a 21% increase compared to a year ago.” – AFFI President and CEO Alison Bodor
How are you handling the frozen food pandemic growth? Are you?
This is a significant growth. One that would be pretty hard to have predicted and planned for. Companies in this segment found that kludgy manual labeling, paper forms, spreadsheet data, and slow to retrieve reporting was a critical piece in their pain and bottlenecks. Yesterdays “We have always done it that way” just didn’t work well overall.
Coolearth’s suite of products can solve the pain by taking slow manual processes, automating and digitizing them for speed and accuracy.
– Labeling – Weighing Line Production Reporting: CaseForge
– Robust Real-Time and Historical Reporting: Coolearth BI
– Automate Your Quality Assurance Data Collection: Inspec
– Traceability: Lot Recall
– Automated Telemetry: ACRS and CERTS
– AI: Machine Vision (artificial intelligence)
While companies don’t typically like making changes when they’re busy some will have to or lose a lot of money with slow processing speed and lack of accuracy. The nice thing about solutions from a company like Coolearth is you don’t have to do it all at once. Modular solutions can be budget friendly and time stingy with a holistic approach ultimately.
Would you like to learn more about how Coolearth Software can help with your boost in business? Click Here
Resource: Power of Frozen in Retail